I just bought a Macbook, it's pretty cool. To enable installed tools' command I need to set encironment variables, and I find a neat way to get it done.
sudo nano /etc/paths
- Enter your password, then you'll get this
- Go to the bottom of the file and enter the path you wish to add.
- Press 'control'+'x' to exit, and it will ask you if you want to save the change:
- Press 'Y' to save the file
- Press 'Enter' to confirm.
Now open a new terminal window and
echo $PATH you'll find the path has been there.